Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear Fuzzy wuzzy had no hair Fuzzy wuzzy wasn’t very fuzzy, was he?
Stuck in my head all day long.
Ashley turned 3 months old on Sunday- a quarter of a year! Time is flying by, and she’s changing so much! Here’s what she’s up to these days:
1) She’s about 25 inches long and weighs 15 lbs. Since she was born, she’s grown over 5 inches and gained more than 6 lbs!
2) She’s outgrown her 3 month clothes and is solidly wearing 3-6 month. Some of those are even snug!
3) She went on vacation! We drove through Ontario, Quebec, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and New York to spend a week with Grandma and Grandpa.
4) While in Maine, she decided to sleep through the night (11 hours!) AND stick with a bedtime. Bedtime is now between 7:30 & 8:00 and she sleeps until 7 or 7:30 the next morning. (eh…it was when I wrote this but this week she’s really been in bed by 7:15 and waking up at 6:00!)
5) She’s extending her daytime schedule too. She can stay awake for 1.5-2 hours (or longer if she skips a nap- yikes!). Then she sleeps consistently for 1.5-2 hours (again…i jinxed myself by writing this!).
6) She went swimming! The water was a bit cool, but she didn’t flinch (as in- no facial expression at all. i think she was half asleep!)
7) She started engaging with her toys more. She loves to lay in her gym and talk to Lizzy, Ellie, and Albert. She also started playing with Lamby the Lovey recently and loves to chew and suck on her!
8) She can wiggle and swiggle! While in Maine, she figured out how to move her hips and legs so that she turns in a circle. She does the same thing to move around in her crib.
9) She can escape completely from her swaddle if we’re not careful to make sure we wrap it tight!
10) She met new friends: Jenn & Bill Cook! It was so much fun to hang out for a day with them in Maine.
11) She still doesn’t like tummy time, but it’s better if she’s on someone’s lap, on a thick blanket or on a pillow. She really prefers to sit up, though! She love her exersaucer. She has a Bumbo seat, but that’s not as fun.
12) She “walked” on the Appalachian Trail! Or rather…sat in her carseat on the trail. Next summer, we want to hike a bit of it in New Hampshire- the trailhead was SO pretty!
13) She had her first ear infection and was miserable :(. She does NOT like amoxicillian ,but baby tylenol is okay.
14) She has a new stroller and loves to go for walks around town.
15) She is a chatterbox and an extrovert! She loves to people-watch and explore her surroundings. She talks a ton! It sounds like she’s saying “yeah” and “ma” a lot! We stopped at a country store on our trip and she was enthralled by all of the items for sale. At rest-stops, she had to talk to everyone who walked by.
We’re so happy that Ashley is part of our family!
We’re on vacation this week. We’re having a fantastic time- maybe our best vacation ever! We’ve slept, eaten yummy food, had a baby-free date, and played lots of games (we’ve done tons of laundry too!). Ashley LOVES vacation- this has been our easiest week in a long time and includes an 8:00 bedtime and sleeping for 11-12 hours overnight! I’m not sure I want to go home!!
Mark’s looking through old family photos and my mom & I are getting ready to tackle some projects.
Yeah for vacation!