We celebrated our 6 month anniversary last weekend! The past 6 months have FLOWN by and yet it seems like we’ve been married forever. For today’s quicktake, here are 7 reasons that Mark is the best husband :).
1) He loves God and is committed to growing to be more like him.
2) He loves my family and his and is diligent about spending time with them. (We’ve hosted my family twice in the past 6 months and he’s as excited as I am when they come).
3) He loves Maggie and proactively thinks of ways to entertain her.
4) He loves me, and allows me to be who I am- His constant love for me makes me completely comfortable with him, without feeling the need to pretend or hide what I’m thinking.
5) He indulges me with silly things- like, when I want to paint the patio, he’s open to it.
6) He spends a lot of his free time doing mundane things with me: grocery shopping, errands, laundry.
7) He is a formidable opponent in any game we play- and his competitive nature matches mine.
We’re celebrating this week because Mark received a job offer on Monday and accepted it!! His schedule should become much more manageable and the job is full-time programming, which was Mark’s goal. I’m proud of him for the diligence he showed in pursuing new opportunities and am excited for the extra time this change will bring us together!!