1) When we saw our house for the first time with our realtor, we fell in the love with the front porch. It was the first room of the house we saw, and the first indication that we had that this house was a lot more promising that the pictures online showed. The porch, though, has been the hardest room to get unpacked and settled. It was where we dumped all of the boxes we didn’t have a place for and, without heat, it wasn’t somewhere we were jumping to spend a lot of time this winter. But now that the weather is getting nicer, it’s time to get it ready!
We spent a few hours yesterday cleaning, hauling boxes, and rearranging…In the end, it didn’t take much time, but the difference is amazing! We can’t wait to spend many hours out there over the next 3 seasons
2) Coat rack: Another area that has driven me crazy this winter is our lack of a coat rack in the mudroom. i wasn’t sure what I wanted, so coats ended up dumped on our dining room chairs. This week though I bought a coat rack at Target and Mark hung is up for me! Just in time for us to put the coats away for the winter It’s probably a little big for the space, but it was what I could find and I liked it and I forgot to measure :).
3) I found a new website this week to track pictures of things that we like…ideas for the house and garden, etc. You can see what we’re dreaming of at Pinterest.
4) I bought panko breadcrumbs this week to make panko shrimp, but also came across a recipe for mozzerella sticks and fried zuchinni. Really really bad for you, but oh so yummy. I think we have to try this. You can find the recipe on Pioneer Women’s site
5) I started using the french coffee press that Mark gave me for my birthday. After a few rounds of experimenting, I think we’re getting somewhere with it! I’ve made reasonable tasting coffee twice this weekend- progress!
6) While I was in Cleveland, Mark worked on our outdoor garden space, turning soil and pulling ivy. We still have a long ways to go, but it’s a good start!
7) One thing that we haven’t made progress on it Maggie’s loud noises in the middle of the night, the middle of the day, any time basically that Mark is out of her sight. She’s convinced that Mark should come play ball with her at 1 or 2 am. He doesn’t think this is a good idea. We’ve even tried taking the soccer balls away at night, which helped for awhile, but now…not so much.
My family is coming on Thursday to spend Easter weekend with us and we’re super excited! we’re looking forward to a fun family weekend and hoping that the weather cooperates…eek!