So…i’ve failed in blogging yet again! :(. But trying to pick it up moving forward. For now, 5 recipes we’ve been enjoying during my blogging hiatus:
1) Slow cooker maple ham: Throw a ham in the crockpot with maple syrup, pineapple, and brown sugar. Cook overnight and you’re set for Fellowship meal the next day! It’s probably horrible for you, but OH SO GOOD. (It helps when ham is on sale for $1/lb too!!) I have 2 more hams in the freezer, so we’ll be eating this a lot in the coming months.
2) Vegetable Barley Soup: A quick and yummy way to make a bunch of lunches at once! I used yellow zuchinni (shredded) and omitted the curry powder & Worchester sauce. Next time I make it, I may cut the barley in half- it absorbed too much of the liquid over time. Bonus: Mark likes this!
3) Artisan Bread: Premake dough for 4 loaves, throw it in the fridge and use over the next 2 weeks. No kneading, etc. There are several books with variations. We’ve been enjoying the basic recipe.
4) Coconut Chicken Tenders: This is the first recipe that I’ve had Panko work halfway decently. Really easy to make, a nice subtle flavor (and left-overs for the freezer!)
5) General Tsos Chicken (Crockpot): I made this over the weekend for a family dinner. It was yummy and super easy to make. It tasted very similar to the seasoning packets I buy at the store, but without any of the funny ingredients. And, I had everything on hand that I needed- no special ingredients to buy! I made a doublebatch, but put 3 servings of the sauce on (2 while cooking the meat and 1 more over the veggies). We’re eating leftovers tonight (It’s a little bit on the spicy side, depending on the pepper flakes).